Saturday, October 4, 2008

What your staff can teach you

I like reading Matt Homann's blog. Despite his rather long URL, he almost always has an informative post. This time, he has this post on taking a law firm retreat with your office staff.

His suggestions are right on. In every business I've worked, I wished the manager would take my ideas more seriously. While I realize that some of the technology ideas were shocking, many of the office practices (like making email mandatory), were just useful, but unused.

I'm sure you have some similar experiences. I think Matt's suggestions, and the ones you'll develop on your own, are likely to improve your overall business environment. Also, in this stressful economy, it makes sense to implement some money-saving techniques to lower your office bills.

Thanks for the advice Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment