Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sworn in, and ready to go

It's official, I've joined the ranks of the elite (or slimy depending on your views.)

I attended the new lawyer swearing-in ceremony on Thursday at 9:00 a.m., performed by the Oklahoma Supreme Court. This was a pretty fantastic experience.

On Thursday at 10:30 a.m., I opened the doors to my new law firm, Absolute Legal Services, LLC. It's a scary and exhilarating feeling, but I think I've found some direction, and I'm going to get where I need to go.

If you have any advice, I'm certainly up for hearing it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    An exciting time it is.

    No real advice except ... keep your head down (for a while), work hard, always follow your passions, remain true to yourself and never forget that there is more to life than law.

    Oops, sorry. Guess I did have some after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new firm and thanks for mentioning my book in your last post. Your website looks terrific.

    No real advice except you are right - these are scary and exhilerating times. Besides the birth of my daughters, nothing compares to the heady excitement that I experienced in my first year of my own firm when everything was new and possible. Of course, there were plenty of hard times and stressful periods dealing with crazy clients or simply not knowing what I was doing, but they pass.

    Good luck!

    Carolyn Elefant

    ReplyDelete