Thursday, September 4, 2008

The greatest thing since...

I love MS Outlook 2007. To some extent that same sentiment extends to the other Microsoft Office 2007 products, but I think Outlook is head and shoulders above any other email/calendaring program. Is there any wonder why most practice management programs incorporate MS Outlook?

We recently installed an Exchange Server which has improved the functionality of Outlook ten fold. Similar programs can do the same thing for less cost, but they tend to have a few bugs to work out. (I still support ShareO as a valid alternative to email/calendar sharing).

I love that MS Outlook contains all of the necessary components for managing a law practice. I've developed a system to use Outlook for case tracking/client matter updates. This makes conflict searches quick and easy. Moreover, using the notes section, I can tag information about specific conversations I've had with a contact. This is especially handy in the case of clients, where I can log the information, then print off that note summary when I close their file.

The MS Outlook system has greatly improved my productivity and effectiveness.

Read tomorrow's review of MS OneNote 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment