Friday, January 29, 2010

Integration is the Key

One of the things I sorely regret about my firm's website and blog is that they're not integrated too well. Sure, I think they're each marvelous in their own right, but I wish when I started the firm site and blog that the Headway theme was available when I created mine.

The thing I see, especially with a lot of "home made" blogs/websites, is that someone pays to have their site designed, and starts a blog using Blogger.com, Wordpress.com, or some other free host. This breaks continuity between the image you're trying to portray on your firm site, and creates a disconnect between the two sites. How is someone supposed to find your information when they're visiting your professional site at joelawyer.com, but have to acquire your updated content at myjoelawyerincity.free.freehosted.blog.com? It just doesn't work.

You'll notice that my blog and site create the disconnect I'm talking about. Don't agree? Check out the color schemes, fonts, permalink style on each. They're both different. You want cohesion, you have to create it.

This should all be a segment of your marketing plan. You need to package it all together and ensure that you're synced in every aspect.

The great thing I found with the Headway blog theme is how easy you can integrate each element. It's quick and easy, making the integrated changes that are necessary.

If you're just starting out, make sure you integrate well.

Note: I get a "kickback" from the makers of Headway if you purchase using the link, but regardless, it's not about the money, it's about helping you get your firm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment