Wednesday, April 8, 2009

6 Months

I've been practicing law, and in my own firm, for 6 months now. Of course, anyone who tells you that solo practice is the best decision right out of school is probably bluffing. Its been a good decision for me, although it's certainly a lot more comforting to know you'll have a paycheck each week, like clockwork, I'd hesitate changing what I'm doing. You can't beat deciding that an afternoon spent at the zoo, a movie, or the park with your family takes precedent over any type of law work.

For me the solo choice was a no-brainer (see here). It's quite easy to pick your "poison" when you're only given one choice.

Thus far, the greatest thing about solo practice is being able to manage and do the things I want to do. I'm getting ready to enroll in Solo Practice University, to help me develop ideas and build my practice. I'm also involved in religious and public legal networking forums to help develop relationships.

As always, if you're interested in getting advice, tips, etc. regarding my first 6 months or my progress to solo practice, drop me a line. You can also follow me on twitter: @absolute_legal. I post regular legal and nonsensical stuff.

As the February examinees are sworn in, I wish you all good luck. I hope you find much satisfaction in the practice of law.

No comments:

Post a Comment