Sunday, May 16, 2010

Solosez

If you're a new solo attorney, or you're a solo with "older-than-dirt" experience, you need to check out the ABA-hosted listserv, Solosez.

This is a great resource for a "firm" to bounce ideas off of, and seek assistance with difficult legal problems. I can't tell you the amount of useful information, and the number of network connections I've made, since I joined the list 4 years ago.

Many newbies get overwhelmed by the number of emails generated. First, you should get a separate email address, I use a Gmail account, to subscribe with. I prefer not to have Outlook poll this email address. Rather, I let Google manage the conversations, then pick-and-choose the threads that interest me. You must pick-and-choose otherwise you'll get demolished by the number of messages. There are several members who use Outlook rules to manage the message, but I find that Google is an effective tool for stringing conversations together.

Be warned: once you get started, it's addicting and very difficult to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment