Monday, March 24, 2008

A dangerous precedent

Earlier this month, the Oklahoma Supreme Court issued an Order restricting access to the Oklahoma court records. I think this is a stupid decision, and very poorly thought out, and despite my deference to the Supreme Court's infinite wisdom, this decision is also poorly reasoned.
However, if you're like me and seeking to fight this injustice, get involved. Here's an article explaining what you can do, and giving a little run-down on the affair. Google also has your fill of information related to this court records fiasco.
One of the most beneficial sources I've found is this article on NewsOK.com. I'm sure like every grass-roots project, "The Man" will love haring from us. But then again, lawyers are self-absorbed (i.e.: we can't even get debt reduction legislation passed), so this fight will fall by the wayside.

No comments:

Post a Comment