Monday, March 3, 2008

Office Live


When I should be preparing for finals, I've been doing some playing with my Office Live site.

I want to emphasize what a value this is! I talked with an attorney at the office who said he's considering paying $2,000 for a website. I don't think that any attorney needs to pay that much for web content. You should impress your clients with your abilities, NOT your Flash.

Take a minute to reflect on what sets your business model apart from the others. Then, design some content that instills confidence in all those prospective clients.

What should you have? Here's a few suggestions on the pages:

Describe your services;
Describe yourself - make people want to associate/personalize with you;
Provide contact information;
Blog;
Legal help list;
Pictures


I'm not a big fan of "About Us" pages that tout the attorney's "achievements." For the most part, these are law/law school related, and very few clients will care about your law review article or undergraduate research paper titled, "Communicative interaction in an interdisciplinary research team," or something similarly vague.

Your clients want to know that you're going to relate with them, and can personalize your services to their situation. Save the other academic hoopla for the Jones Day interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment