Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Domains

A lot of my recent articles have focused on marketing your law firm. As I've admitted, I'm not a marketing expert, I've just seen what works, and what isn't. One thing I don't think works is "generic" email addresses.

I can't remember where I saw the comment, but it went something like this:
You'll know the quality of your lawyer by the quality of his email address.
There's truth in that. Although I know plenty of good lawyer with generic addresses, I believe people expect lawyers to fork over the money to register their own domain address and website. I think it shows people you care about your professional image. Moreover, if you've worked on developing your marketing scheme, your email address is a crucial component in that scheme.

The same goes for law firm blogs, websites, and other online marketing materials. I'd recommend against using free services like Blogger and Wordpress.com (not the platform). Pay the little money each year, get yourself your space.


No comments:

Post a Comment