Saturday, January 5, 2008

Interesting (Essential?) Tools - The Introduction

Being an aspiring lawyer and seasoned tech-geek, I've played around with numerous programs and methods that I think would benefit any lawyer looking for an edge or ability to manage the chaos.
Many similar "techo-blogs" have discussed the benefits of Acrobat 8, Microsoft Office 2007, and even moving to a Mac. I've looked at all of these, and more. I can't agree more with benefits/cons of each one.
I've realized that the ultimate aspiration for "uber-guru's" (and arguably sensible practitioners) is the "elusive 'paperless' office." My current office consists of a few "techo-dinosaurs," a few "somewhat savvies," and me, an uber-guru. It's funny to watch the interplay between all these characters, especially as the dinosaurs are forced to grasp onto the new technologies in order to stay competitive. Not to mention that when we discuss the complexities of the paperless or techo-dependent, heads explode.
In the following series of posts, I'll discuss some of the programs I have found, and implemented into our law office. These programs enable/encourage the paperless office, and because of their relatively low prices, are "must-have" adoptions by solos and small firms.

No comments:

Post a Comment