Friday, February 15, 2008

I stand corrected

After writing my last post, I've been playing around with my new Google Apps site. I loaded some documents, started editing, and presto, I found the justify option! This is fantastic!
It seems appropriate now to admit (dare I even say it for fear of diminishing readership) that even a Gen-Xer like I can make some mistakes.
The benefit of this mistake, is that I can now laud another robust and profoundly useful tool, Google Apps. You say you want to build and market your law firm, I say, get Google Apps. How do you keep your clients informed? Google Apps. Check it out! You have a calendar (useful for informing of deadlines and other important dates), an email program, an ability to share documents, a website creation tool, a personalized start page, and even a chat module. You client's entire case file is now accessible for you and them, anytime and anywhere.
The Google Apps method does have 2 potential drawbacks:
1) Your clients need computer access (ability to use a computer); and
2) You may spend an additional amount of time uploading documents, calendar docketing, etc. (assuming you're performing offline practices on a different piece of software), which could get tedious if you have numerous clients/cases all pending. NOTE: I do see that you can email your documents to your account. This may save some problems for your documents, but still leaves the double-docketing problem open.

No comments:

Post a Comment