Thursday, June 24, 2010

Marketing Successes

I like to get compliments, just like everyone else. More especially, I like compliments like, "your name is every where," or "did you know you're number __ on Google?"

Of course I know this, but it's certainly always nice to hear the compliment from someone else. I always politely respond with a simple yes, and "would you like to know how?" People are impressed by search position (remember when you used to be impressed by the back page of the phone book?).

My method isn't anything special or secret, nor do I spend a large amount of money paying to market my law practice. Moreover, I'm sure that if I did a couple of things differently, I'm going to pop my rankings even more, and turn over more search engine clients.

I've told you about my marketing efforts, but in case you're not faithfully reading this blog, you may check the posts here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

The simple fact is, I spend less than $150.00 per year on marketing for my law practice, and I attribute 3 things to my successful marketing:
  1. Actively blogging about important subjects - I believe that part of the task and success in raising your name to a ranking position on page 1 (this is important too) is constantly update your content with relevant subject materials. The search engine spiders go after fresh stuff.
  2. Google Places - if you're not listed on the Google map, you're missing out on a free and effective marketing opportunity. Pick your core demographics (geographically and topical), and key in on those in your blogging/website.
  3. Headway Wordpress Theme - while Headway takes some getting used to, it's a fairly simple program to use and create a website with. Wordpress is a phenomenal platform, so you can't beat the combination. Headway has great SEO options, which help get your name/content into the digital world.
Like I've said before, I'm not a marketing genius, nor do I claim to know the ins/outs of marketing. What I do know though is that these three things are the only things I'm doing different from the colleagues in my office. This is the stuff that's producing my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment